Saturday, July 01, 2006

Post conference

The NAPW 2006 is over. It was a nice conference, and Bill Green did a great job as organizer. There were several interesting papers, but as far as I know not any big steps further in the theory of frontier estimation. It seems to me that the average quality of papers is higher now than is was 5 years ago, but we are still waiting for the Next Big Step. I think the three main challenges in DEA theory is (1) getting better at estimating and correcting for sampling error and measurement error, (2) getting better ways of discovering the reasons for the difference in efficiency between firms, and finally (3) making a tighter connection between DEA and SFA.

I will stay in New York City on vacation until July 5th. I can confirm that this is the city that never sleeps!

No comments: